Webinar: What is Self-Reg and Why Does it Matter? An Introduction to Self-Reg
Time & Location
About the Event
The first webinar in our 2021 Self-Reg For A Just Society Series!
What is Self-Reg and Why Does it Matter? An Introduction to Self-Reg
Scientists now understand that the better people can self-regulate, the better they can develop and use emotional, cognitive and social skills and rise to the challenges of living and learning. But what exactly is self-regulation? How does it develop? Why do some children, youth and adults struggle with it? What can we as teachers, professionals, parents and caregivers do to support and enhance self-regulation in ourselves and others? The answer is largely a story about stress, how stress affects us and what we can do to help children (and ourselves) understand, recognize and manage various kinds of stressors.
Drs. Stuart Shanker and Susan Hopkins will address all of these questions through the lens of Self-Reg, Dr. Shanker’s method for enhancing self-regulation by understanding and dealing with stress. Topics will include:
• the all-important difference self-regulation and self-control
• the brain/body science of stress
• the impact of an excessive stress load on energy and tension, and, and in turn, behaviour, mood and learning
• the 5 domains of self-regulation: biological, emotion, cognitive, social and prosocial
• the difference between stress behaviour and misbehaviour
• individual differences in stress reactivity
• hidden stressors
• unpacking the five steps of the Shanker Method®
Meet the Presenters:
Read more about Dr. Shanker and Dr. Hopkins here
- 9:00 - 9:15 - Welcome
- 9:15 - 10:30 - Keynote with Dr. Stuart Shanker
- 10:30 - 10:45 - Break
- 10:45 - 12:00 - Workshop with Dr. Susan Hopkins
Access to live event and recording:
Life can be unpredictable at times and we completely understand that attending a live event during the workweek is something we can't all commit to. So, whether you can join us live on January 22nd or would like to join in at a time that better suits you, we have you covered. We do encourage you to join live to get the full experience and engage in the interactive portions of the workshop but all those who sign up for this workshop will be able to view the material until the end of February 2021.
Refund requests can be directed to: email@example.com
Refunds will be allocated in the following manner:
- Up to 48hrs before the event start - 95% refund (Self-Reg Global will retain 5% to cover admin and payment processing fees).
- After the event - Once the post-event recording access information has been issued, refunds will be decided on a case by case basis.
If you have any questions, feel free to reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org
We look forward to seeing you on Zoom!